The Yearly Event For Boosting Your Sculpting Skills (since 2015)
From the CG Boost Academy
Master 3D Sculpting in Blender
How to Participate
- Create a sculpting inspired by the topics we provide for each day of January 2021 (see list above)
- Post images of your results on social media
- Tag your posts with the hashtag #sculptjanuary and #sculptjanuary2021
- If you get all 31 sculptings done in time, share a collage at the end of the month
Info & Advice
- Sculpt in any medium (digital, clay or other)
- The topics & categories are suggestions
- Participate every day, every other day, one day each week or just do whatever is best for you
- Set yourself deadlines or limitations (e.g. one hour per day)
- Build up buffers (sculpting multiple topics a day is recommended)
- Combine topics (sculpt an artwork incrementally one topic at a time)
- Try out specific things (no time for grand projects)
- Don’t be a perfectionist (the sculpts are allowed to be rough)
- Reuse setups (like brushes, base meshes, lighting & rendering to save time)
- Don’t spend too much time on materials, textures and rendering (it’s about sculpting)
- Above all: Have fun and challenge yourself!
Never miss a challenge again!
Sign up and keep up-to-date with our challenges and other updates.
Join the fun on Sketchfab!
Sketchfab is one of the big supporters of this event. It is a great platform to share your 3d models and embed them on social media, just like YouTube videos.
We encourage you to upload your SculptJanuary sculptings on Sketchfab by using the hashtag #sculptjanuary2021.
In this way everyone can take a look at your sculptings from all angles, and they will show up in a special SculptJanuary gallery on Sktechfab.
Also, you have a good chance of some extra attention by Sketchfab!